Connecticut Training Center, Inc. (CTC), a non-profit 501 (c)3 community-based organization, was founded in East Hartford, Connecticut in 1996 as a viable means for students to acquire programs and services in education, training, and employment. A Board of Directors governs the Center. CTC provides vocational training and employment services that include internships, cooperative work assignments, and job placement for men and women. Collaboration and cooperation with the business community, other agencies, and other institutions of higher learning assist CTC in providing additional services and training for participants.
LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF FACILITIES
Connecticut Training Center, Inc. is located in downtown East Hartford at 1137 Main Street. The facility includes modem classrooms, administrative offices, and several Internet laboratories. CTC collaborates with other local community agencies including the East Hartford Library and the East Hartford Chamber of Commerce. CTC is handicapped-accessible and located on the bus line.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The mission of Connecticut Training Center, Inc. is to provide opportunity for educational and vocational training to diverse populations of our community, enabling students to achieve a level of self-efficiency to become competitive contributors to today’s marketplace and to society. The objectives that follow seek to further this mission.
Connecticut Training Center, Inc. recognizes the correlation between the rapid changes within the business community and future opportunities toward meaningful employment and economic advancement. To this end, CTC subscribes to the following five objectives:
- To offer programs that are designed to meet the challenge of a rapidly changing workforce and its constant demands.
- To offer continuing education, job-seeking skills training and cooperative work opportunities designed to help students to become more competitive in the job market.
- To design programs that make educational technology a key part of the curricula and connect work and learning activities for students.
- To provide cooperative employment opportunities where students gain a sense of job responsibility through hands-on training. It has been demonstrated that prior work experience is one of the best predictors of one’s subsequent ability to get and keep a job; it also fosters a sense of responsibility. This bridge between meaningful training and employment provides an opportunity for transitional counseling and support.
- To remain current in many fields by responding quickly to both employer and employee needs in the marketplace and to establish and maintain viable and productive relationships with area businesses.
ACCREDITATION AND APPROVALS
Connecticut Training Center, Inc. is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award certificates and diplomas. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. ACICS is located at 750 First Street NE, Suite 980, Washington, DC 20002-4241, (202) 336-6780.
State of Connecticut Department of Higher Education
Connecticut Training Center, Inc. is approved as a private occupational school by the Connecticut Commissioner of Higher Education, 61 Woodland Street, Hartford CT 06105 (860) 947-1816.
The State Approving Agency, Connecticut State Department of Higher Education, has approved CTC for the education and training of veterans and their qualified dependents under the provisions of Section 1775, Chapter 36, United States Code, Veterans Benefits.