Financial Aid


Applicants who need financial assistance will attend a private conference with the Financial Aid Department within seven days after the submission of the Application for Admissions. Applicants will be given information and assistance in filling out all necessary forms for receiving grant and loan awards. Unofficial financial aid awards will be explained at this time. CTC offers our students financial support from various aid programs. Some of these funds originate from federal and state agencies and some originate from local government and community based organizations. The Financial Aid Department is the designated department to disseminate consumer information to enrolled or prospective students.


Federal Pell Grants

Federal Pell grants are awarded to students who need money to pay for their education or training after high school. A Pell Grant is not a loan, so it does not have to be repaid. To be eligible for a Pell Grant to attend CTC, the applicant must show financial need and not possess a Bachelor’s Degree.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants are also awards to help pay education beyond high School. The grant is limited to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need (with priority given to Pell Grant recipients), and it does not have to be repaid.

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study funds provide job opportunities for students to earn money while attending school. The amount of money awarded is based on need and the availability of funds.

Federal Stafford Loans (FSL)

Federal Stafford Loans (FSL) are available through the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan (Direct Loan) program and the Federal Family Education Loan program (FFEL). These are low interest loans funded by the U.S. Government. Direct Loans are administered by the school itself, while Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL) are provided to you by a lender such as a bank. These loans are insured by a guarantee agency, usually the Connecticut Student Loan Foundation. Federal PLUS loans are parental loans for undergraduate students. Parents with good credit histories can borrow to help pay the educational expenses of dependent undergraduate students. Since all of these are loans, the money must be repaid. Information and loan applications for this program are available in the financial aid office


During the past few years, CTC has received training funds from the following outside sources. These are limited resources and not available to all students.

Regional Workforce Development Board

This entity provides funding under the Workforce Investment Act. They are designed to assist dislocated workers in funding their education through contracts and custom-made programs.

Connecticut Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS)/Workers Compensation Commission

This department has provided direct and support funds for disabled students attending CTC. Funds from this department have been received through their offices in Hartford, East Hartford, Manchester, Enfield, Middletown, Meriden, New Britain, Bristol, Willimantic, Waterbury and others.

Division of Workers Rehabilitation Services

This state agency provides funds for re-training for those individuals who were hurt on the job and cannot perform that job any more due to the accident/illness.

Connecticut Department of Labor

This entity provides funding for students under the Trade Adjustment Act (TAA). Applicants who appear eligible for direct funding or other support from these sources are referred on an individual basis from the Financial Aid office.

Department of Social Services, Job First Program

This program has provided child care and transportation funds for eligible students during enrollment at CTC.


Whenever any full-time student receives a scholarship from any non-profit agency, service club, or similar private organization, CTC will match the amount up to a maximum of $250. CTC will award up to $20,000 per year in aggregate for this program. To apply for this matching scholarship, students are required to provide proof of the outside scholarship award to the Financial Aid office prior to the registration date for classes. Acceptance will be noted on the Financial Aid Award Notice.